This week we had a test on Wednesday. Because of this we spent the days leading up to the test reviewing for it. Some examples of quadrilaterals are polygons, rhombus’, rectangles, squares, kites and trapezoids. Each quadrilateral has specific rules to their angles and sides. Knowing the rules is vital in being able to solve quadrilaterals in geometry because many quadrilateral problems involve solving for the angles and side of different quadrilaterals. You also use these rules to define a quadrilateral when given a problem involving plotting points.
Once I knew the rules for each quadrilateral I found it pretty easy to be able to find the missing angles and/or sides of a quadrilateral. However, for some reason plotting the points and defining what the specific quadrilateral was, was very difficult for me. I didn’t quite understand what the exact rules to defining the quadrilateral. I didn’t know what it meant when they had the same slop or opposite slopes, etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
wow Jen! great job summarizing, it was a good recap of what we did in class.
jen i basically had the same problem as you. i couldn't remember or understand how to define a shape from plotted points. we should practice! you covered just about everything in your post, good job!
I agree that once you know the rules, it's easy to find the missing sides. I think you did a good job with the blog last week. It is a good reference to base my blog on.(structurally, not conceptually)
Hey Jen These Quadrilaterals Are Really tricky for me to remeber. But now reading your blog I think I understand Them better
:]
Good Job
Yeah. If you don't know the rules, you are basically in trouble. Quadrilaterals aren't really that hard. Good summary =]
wow i had to like stalk to find your blog lol....great summarization. I also had a similare problem, but once I understood the rules, it became so easy
Post a Comment